I’ve been loving all the “Dad’s Stache” printables floating around Pinterest, and I thought it would be fun to add a personal touch and add the kids to the jar with a printable. The boys thought it was totally hilarious and loved wearing the “mustaches” on their face. That’s what makes this jar even more fun and adds the perfect touch for Dad’s father’s day gift.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Picture of Your Kids wearing these Mustache Printables
- Printables: Small Printable to glue on the picture OR Large Printable Mustache Sign to hold while taking the picture: Dad | Grandpa| Gramp| Papa
- Sign to use as a prop (See instructions for number 1)
- Large Jar
- Box Cutter/Knife
1) Snap some pictures of your kids wearing the mustache and holding a blank sign (or some other prop they can hold to make it look like they’re holding the printable), or holding the Printable Mustache Sign. If your kids aren’t holding the sign straight, you can always shoot the picture at an angle. 😉
If you printed out the “large printable,” go down to step 4.
2) Once your picture is printed, cut it down so that it will fit the jar and use a box cutter to cut around their hands like the one pictured so you can slip the printable underneath. Getting the printable to fit will depend on your picture and sizes will vary. I made the border of the small printable sizes a little bit bigger so you can cut it down if you need to. You can either use the printable provided or make your own instead. 🙂
3) Put glue on the back of the printable and carefully slip the paper underneath the kiddos hands.
4) Glue the picture onto the jar and stick some Dad’s favorite candy in and your Father’s Day Gift is all set! Since my jar was pretty big, I bought some candy bars to stick in the jar. This is perfect for Dad’s office, man cave, or his secret “stash” on the top shelf of the pantry. 🙂